Re: Lumping Spinosauridae Redux

From: Tim Williams <twilliams_alpha@hotmail.com>

That reminds me... Oliver Rauhut raised the specter that the type material for _Spinosaurus aegyptiacus_ might be a chimera, with the jaw material and vertebrae coming from separate animals. If this is the case, which element will bear the name _Spinosaurus_?

From what I remember reading, I >think< he suggested only the portion of
dentary be referred to as _Spinosaurus_. I'd have to double-check, though. If only I could get my hands on my own copy of the darned thing...

Jordan Mallon

Vertebrate Paleontology & Paleoecology

http://dino.lm.com/artists/display.php?name=Mallon
MSN Messenger: j_mallon@hotmail.com

MSN® Calendar keeps you organized and takes the effort out of scheduling get-togethers. http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines Start enjoying all the benefits of MSN® Premium right now and get the first two months FREE*.