FW: October Internship at the UMNH

Again, forwarded from the VRTPALEO list.

Andy

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-vrtpaleo@usc.edu [mailto:owner-vrtpaleo@usc.edu] On Behalf Of
mloewen@umnh.utah.edu
Sent: Tuesday, September 21, 2004 7:59 PM
To: vrtpaleo@usc.edu
Subject: October Internship at the UMNH

Just a final call for PAID student interns needed by the Utah Museum of
Natural History for our fall field program.

The internship will involve several excavations and prospecting for
vertebrate
paleontological specimens.  We are excavating several large hadrosaur
specimens, which involve a 2 to 3 mike hike in over rough terrain.  In
addition work will also involve prospecting for new sites.  Work will take
place in Southern Utah in Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument.  The
field work is part of an ongoing 5 year project to investigate the dinosaur
faunas of the Late Cretaceous and Kaiparowits and Wahaweep formations.  The
field crew currently consists of 5-10 members, and crew members will be
living
in the field for the duration of the project.

Timeline - Now until the annual SVP meeting in Denver (first week in
November).

Requirements - Must be able to provide own transportation to and from Salt
Lake City, Utah.  Must be physically fit and ready to live in the field for
the duration of the project.  Must have all camping gear and warm clothing
needed for living in the field; including warm sleeping bag, hiking boots,
etc. (a tent will be provided to you if needed).

Provided - Food and lodging will be provided in Salt Lake City, as well as
transportation to the field from Salt Lake City.  If needed, transportation
can be arranged to and from SVP.  Salary will also be provided.

If interested contact Anna DeBeer at adebeer@umnh.utah.edu.

If you have further questions feel free to email me or call my cell phone
at:
801-891-6036

Mark Loewen
Department of Geology and Geophysics