The Dinosauria, second edition... how outdated will it be?

The original edition of The Dinosauria mentions in its Foreward that the editors began soliciting manuscripts in late 1984, received them all by early 1987, had them peer-reviewed in mid-1987, and received final drafts in early 1988. The original year of publication was in 1990 and an updated paperback edition was released in 1992, when some of the chapters were 5-6 years old (at one point in the Sauropoda chapter, McIntosh anticipates Jaime Powell publishing his thesis... which is dated 1986).

I was just wondering if that was going to be the case with the Second Edition (http://www.ucpress.edu/books/pages/2601001.html) as well. Will it be The Dinosauria As Known In 2000? I know it takes a long time to get stuff published (like the Sept 2004 Epachthosaurus paper in JVP which was submitted in 1998!) but does anybody know if it will it be a similar length of time as the original edition?

I only started wondering this as I was reading Wilson & Upchurch (2003) on Titanosaurus. The paper briefly mentions nemegtosaurids as titanosaurs, but then offers Upchurch (1999) and Upchurch et al (in press) as "a dissenting view." Sure enough, in turns out that (in press) is the upcoming chapter in The Dinosauria! Yet I had heard that they now agreed on the placement of nemegtosaurs (on the list, of course, so maybe I should take it with a grain of salt). Does this mean Upchurch changed his mind again, or that the chapter (in press) is actually from 3-4 years ago? Or am I reading to much into this?

Regardless of the age of its phylogenies and taxa lists, there's no doubt this new edition will be as, or even more, comprehensively informative as the original (which still is!). But it is nice to take into account when the data was originally submitted.

Mike de Sosa
stygimoloch81@hotmail.com