Re: Utahraptor

On Saturday 25 Sep 2004 17:28, John Hunt wrote:

> [...]

Talking about Utahraptor, I have seen four different specific names on
different websites.

U. ostrommaysorum Kirkland, Gaston & Burge, 1993
U. ostrommaysi
U. spielbergi Bonar, Lassieur, McCafferty & Voci
U. oweni

The first one appears to be the definitive one. I guess the second one
is simply a matter of asigning a proper gender to the name. The third
one appears to be a nomen nudum. What about the fourth one ? Where did
it come from ? Is it a junior synonym of ostrommaysorum ?

--

Gautam Majumdar

Please send e-mails to gmajumdar@freeuk.com