Re: Jane, Nanotyrannus Project

On 27/9/04 3:02 pm, "Danvarner@aol.com" <Danvarner@aol.com> wrote:

> j_mallon@hotmail.com (Jordan Mallon) writes:
>
> << Haven't seen this mentioned on-list yet.  Seems there's a new project
> underway to produce a(nother) documentary-style program featuring "Jane",
> the Nanotyrannus. >>
>
> <snip>
>
> << Looking comparatively bad to me, so far.  Hope they can improve on the
> animation a little.  There's a nice load of reference pics here, though:
>
> http://workspace.accad.ohio-state.edu/Projects/Jane/webpages/index.php >>
>
>      Looks like junk to me. Since I don't see any artist credits, I have to
> wonder if the reference page copyrights have been taken into consideration.
> Maybe the Beagle Boys are at it again? DV

Well, they can't spell, there's capital letters on all the specific names,
and isn't one of those 'T-rexes' (first on the left in the fifth row)
actually a _Carnotaurus_? I know for a fact that one of the
'Montanoceratops' pictures is from an old dinosaur book I have at home,
where it's identified as _Monoclonius_. And look, if you enlarge the
picture, you can still see the original caption saying so :-D!

    Cheers,

        Christopher Taylor