Re: Why did only avians survive?

> Not only why just them...but why not enantiornithines as well?
> Current lame dogma holds that they were just lucky?

No. Current paradigma holds that we simply don't know because there are
_far_ too few fossils. _Extremely_ few Enantiornithes from the Maastrichtian
are known... very few birds are known from that time in general!

There exists an idea for why Neornithes survived while all the rest did not.
It points out the different lifestyles of all those clades. The Neornithes
of the time were generalists and/or depended on freshwater ecosystems;
generalists fare generally better during mass extinctions (pardon the pun),
and freshwater ecosystems were the least damaged of all because their food
webs often don't start with living plants.

> And then another
> major challenge for evolution theory is why didn't birdy survivors kick
> Cenozoic mammal butt like they did in the good old Mesozoic.

Ecology is the answer. You tell me how a chicken is going to compete with
*Cimolestes*!