Re: Mobile T.rex

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005, Ralph Miller wrote:
> See a few photos of Hall Train's miniature _T. rex_ skeleton
> controlled by rods so as to demonstrate tyrannosaur locomotion.  For

Every time I look at something like this, I can't help but wonder why
these critters don't fall down - they look unbalanced. There must be a lot
of weight in the hip and tail regions.

> the American Museum of Natural History's upcoming traveling exhibit,
> "Dinosaurs: Ancient Lives; New Discoveries," which opens in May.
>
> Start with
> http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/050329/480/nyr10903292143,
> and click on "Related Slide Show: Dinosaurs and Fossils."

Well, someone else was curious if there was any video of this, so I went
looking, didn't really find anything BUT -

On Hall Train's site they did have something geekily interesting, and that
was their animatronic robots.

 http://halltrainstudios.com/animatronics.html

Here's a look at the insides of their robot Triceratops:

 http://halltrainstudios.com/project_b.html

or should that be   triceraBOT ?