Re: Lessem's Lessons

--- Dino Guy Ralph <ralph.miller@alumni.usc.edu>
wrote:
> The April issue of "Highlights," features "Dino" Don
> Lessem's answers to two
> questions from readers.  One concerns the reptilian
> status of dinosaurs.
> Dino Don comes out on the side of the debate which
> asserts that no,
> dinosaurs are not reptiles, but are a separate group
> of animals.  (I would
> disagree with this position).

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I can't say that I'm surprised. I've found much of
what he says, requiring more than a grain of salt.

I remember reading "Dino Don's" take on dinosaurian
intelligence. He compared _Troodon_ to an ostrich, and
stated something along the lines of:

"Ostriches aren't very intelligent birds, but they're
smarter than any reptile."

After that, I wrote Lessem off as just another hack.

Jason

Yahoo! Messenger