Re: on being a paleontologist

I wonder if he means that given the fact that every species is eventually
doomed to extinction, including _homo sapiens_, why bother documenting?
After reading 'Evolution' by Stephen Baxter and 'Bones of the Earth' by
Michael Swanwick, you kinda feel like...what's the point if all comes to an
end anyway? Certainly not feel-good stories....Just a thought.

BTW, did anyone hear about that guy who was offering like $1M to anyone who
could extend the life of a lab mouse from the average 1 year to 3 years? He
feels that in our lifetime, longevity will become a certainty and in future
generations, immortality an inevitability.

Darrin