Re: on being a paleontologist

Darrin Milne (dr.milne@sympatico.ca) wrote:

<After reading 'Evolution' by Stephen Baxter and 'Bones of the Earth' by
Michael Swanwick, you kinda feel like...what's the point if all comes to an end
anyway? Certainly not feel-good stories....Just a thought.>

  Personally, documenting what is alive today and what used to be alive to the
best of our knowledge will allow any further students of Earth's biota and
history less of a trial. The past may help us preserve a certain future, and
this is preferrable than doing nothing.

  Cheers,

Jaime A. Headden