From: Martin Baeker [mailto:martin.baeker@tu-bs.de]
Sent: Wednesday, April 13, 2005 11:05 AM
To: dinosaur mailing list
Subject: Feather armor

I am looking for a reference on the use of bird feathers as armor by
human warriors. I dimly remember having read about this in context with
Japanese samurai and also with Aztecs.

I would like to use this as an example in a lecture, so I want to be sure
I don't tell some urban myth to the students.

If anybody could provide me with information (references, links, whatever)
I'd be grateful.

And, of course birds are dinosaurs, so this is extremely relevant to this
list ;-)

Thanks,

Martin.

                   Priv.-Doz. Dr. Martin Bäker