Re: Dinosaur fossils destroyed in WW2 - was it just Spinosaurus typo?

Most of the original material of Thecodontosaurus
antiquus, which was on display in the Bristol City
Museum, was destroyed in the Bristol Blitz in 1941.

Most Theco material you see now has been recently
found from nearby quarries, although a hand had the
good fortune to be in the States at the time.

Sion

--- Vladimír  Socha <Seismosaurus@seznam.cz> wrote:
> Good day,
> have another paleontology-history related query. In
> both Axis and Allies bombing campaigns during WW2,
> there were (beside sad thousands of human victims)
> also "fossil casualties". The most famous destroyed
> dinosaur fossil is unfortunately the most complete
> Spinosaurus specimen ever found (München, 1944). I
> also found a notice of G. A. Mantell's spinal cord,
> destroyed by german bombers in 1940 (?). Well,
> Mantell wasn't a dinosaur, not even a fossil, but
> his relation to dinosaurs couldn't have been any
> stronger. My question is: Did anyone make a list of
> all destroyed fossils of some kind? Would be
> interesting to read. Thanx, in advance Vlad "Aelius
> Decimus" Socha

> http://www.bezpecnyinternet.cz
> http://ad.seznam.cz/clickthru?spotId=94734

Find out about the dinosaurs of the Isle of Wight at
   DinoWight- the Dinosaurs of the Isle of Wight
             http://www.dinowight.co.uk

         Or Join the DinoWight ONLINE group
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DinoWightONLINE/