From: Manuel Parrado <meparrado@yahoo.com>
To: dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject: Theropod stance balance
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 08:59:46 -0700 (PDT)

Greetings all.
I have grown curious lately of how theropods like
tyrannosauroids managed to stay on their feet without
toppling forward.
By looking at some skeletal reconstructions and other
illustrations, it looks like tyrannosuarus, for
instance, is very front heavy considering the vert
large head and how far it is from the hips.  In some
other big theropods like allosuarus, the tail looks
very long in comparison and the head smaller so it
looks better balanced to hold the axial skeleton in a
horizontal position.
Can anybody comment and/or point to some articles
covering body balance in tyrannosaurs?

Manuel Parrado