RE: Liaoning Forest Diorama

> From: owner-dinosaur@usc.edu [mailto:owner-dinosaur@usc.edu]On Behalf Of
> Danvarner@aol.com
>
> In a message dated 4/21/2005 5:26:58 PM Eastern  Standard Time,
> missraptor@deadraccoon.com writes:
> << Who are the  artists and paleontologists working on
> it? >>
>
> Sean Murtha is one of the artists working on the landscape backrounds. Sean
> has  done dinosaurs before and he's been painting up a storm at the American
> Museum  of Natural History. You can read about him  here:
> http://www.amnh.org/exhibitions/permanent/ocean/00_utilities/04b_murtha.php

Obviously the AMNH paleontological staff and their standard co-authors (such as
Xu Xing) worked on it. Additionally, they did bring
in some outside help. For instance, DNMH's Kirk Johnson did a lot of work on
making sure the plants are correct: they are actually
based on individual species, and even specimens, collected at Liaoning.

I'm really looking forward to this exhibit!

                Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
                Vertebrate Paleontologist
        Mailing Address:
                Building 237, Room 1117