Re: Tyrannotitan, new carcharodontosaurid from Argentina

Tim Donovan wrote:

> More likely, spinosaurs targeted small prey...

Such as?

We do know that _Baryonyx_ (at least) fed on fish and small iguanodonts, based on the scales and bones found in the body cavity (and presumed to be fossilized stomach contents) of the type specimen. Also, a spinosaur tooth was founded embedded in the vertebral column of a Brazilian pterosaur. Spinosaurs may also have targeted juvenile sauropods - though I doubt they could have tackled adult titanosaurs or rebbachisaurs.