Re: Stegosaurus preparation photos

In a message dated 4/25/2005 5:31:24 PM Eastern  Standard Time,
dmschmidt@sprint.ca writes:
<< so what if he is,  Dan?  did you even go to his site?  I doubt it...if you
did, you  would see that it is a website promoting the museum.  None of the
items  on the site are for sale, so what's your issue? >>
Yes, of course I went to the site. My issue is: why not admit openly that you
 are a fossil dealer? I have done a lot of paleontological collecting and
study,  but I would never dream of calling myself a paleontologist. The young
(and not  so young) folks working on MS and PhD degrees who are busting their
bankrolls  and behinds without the benefit of selling fossils on the side are
the
ones who  deserve to be called paleontologists...in my opinion. I'm concerned
about what  constitutes a real scientist and a real museum. I see that
distinction being  blurred more and more lately. And in Simon's post.
Obviously, I
hit a nerve.  DV