RE: Stegosaurus preparation photos take two...

> From: owner-dinosaur@usc.edu [mailto:owner-dinosaur@usc.edu]On Behalf Of
> Mike Taylor
>

> > Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 09:58:23 -0400
> > From: Jeff Hecht <jeff@jeffhecht.com>
> >
> > The issue is global, but paleontologists appear particularly
> > sensitive about it.
>
> Yes.  It is strange to me how strongly palaeontologists seem to feel
> about this.  I have never known mathemeticians, for example, to show
> much evidence of caring who calls himself a mathemetician.

My hypothesis: there aren't a lot of people out there who aren't doing research
mathematics who are claiming to be research
mathematicians... (or fill in "geochemists" or "microbiologists" as
appropriate).

                Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
                Vertebrate Paleontologist
        Mailing Address: