bipedal crocodylomorphs

I agree; I keep seeing this bipedalism cited in papers but I see the
evidence as very sketchy at best.  Elongated carpals etc in many of these
taxa don't make too much sense for bipeds either.

Does anyone one where the bipedalism idea first comes from, and what papers
have dealt with it in the most detail?  I haven't seen Huene's original
Saltoposuchus (iirc) paper and am wondering if it stems from there, or
something else I've missed in the disparate crocodylomorph literature.  I've
found very few explicit and detailed discussions of the evidence in the
literature, compared with much discussion of quadupedal features.  Most
papers papers just assume bipedalism (if they consider it at all) and go
from there.

--John R. Hutchinson