Re: Charles Knight Prints

In a message dated 4/29/2005 4:47:57 PM Eastern  Standard Time,
deathspresso@yahoo.com writes:
<< Does anyone know if  any of his work is in Public
Domain? How about any other early dinosaur art?  >>

As far as Knight goes, I'm not sure, but  I don't think so. The recent
extention to US copyright law (which I have heard  was made to enable Disney to
retain Mickey Mouse and other characters) extended  copyrights for another 25
years, I believe. This would mean Knight's work would  go into public domain
sometime in the 2020's (75 years after his death) unless  Disney attorneys go
work again. Don't take this to the bank, but I think this  is what the deal is.
DV