Re: insects - not! (OT)

http://www.manchesteronline.co.uk/news/s/146/146372_spider_as_big_as_a_dog_didnt_exist.html

> So the largest spider ever known to exist is a
> living species - the
> Goliath bird-eating spider (*Theraphosa leblondi).
> It's apparently the
> size of a baby rabbit (although much less cuddly).

There is some reason that insects can't grow beyond a
certain size. (thank god) About sparrow size. I can't
remember if it has to do with breathing issues or
exosceliton issues. Anybody?

Spiders must have the same limitation.

The centapede, being neither insect nor spider, once
grew to six feet. I don't even want to think about the
sounds it made when walking.