RE: Natural History May issue online

> From: owner-dinosaur@usc.edu [mailto:owner-dinosaur@usc.edu] On Behalf Of
> Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
>
> Parts of the special May "Dinosaur" issue of Natural History (in honor of
> their new exhibit) are online.
>
> Go to http://www.naturalhistorymag.com and check out especially Norell &
> Xu's feature story on tyrannosaurs, several of the items
> under "Samplings", and the book and internet reviews under "Natural
> Selections". There's a lot more in the issue itself, though, as
> you can see under "Table of Contents".

I just got my author's copy this past week. . .wow, there are some
eye-popping pictures in this issue! I was somewhat surprised to see that the
function of ceratopsid horns and pachycepalosaur domes is one of the four
greatest controversies in dinosaur science. Funny, I thought that it was
always bested by the question of whether or not T. rex was a scavenger. ;-)
Take that, theropod junkies!!!

Andy