Re: Penguins And Rexes

Why people don't ask the questions "could bigass titanosaurs lie on their sides?"

Last I checked (years ago) titanosaurs were thought to be very round, even somewhat dorsoventrally compressed, so this doesn't sound like they could roll over on a side in the first place... how much sprawling did their forelimbs allow?

or "what happens when a Brachiosaurus trips?"

If it completely trips, the head falls from a tremendous height, so I guess it dies... but then I don't think it's likely to trip in the first place. Being so huge, it has plenty of time to react. The apparently unossified carpals of titanosaurs could have been an adaptation to cushion harder-than-usual impacts.