Re: Jurassic Park 4: Electric Boogaloo

On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 23:46:00 +0100 (CET), fmpaleo@verat.net
<fmpaleo@verat.net> wrote:

>I remember a TV programme
> (but not too well, it was some time ago â which also means things changed
> since)
> in which a find of several Giganotosaurs (or something like that) was
> featured
> in order to support the theory that giant carnivores hunted in packs. Now,
> I know Giganotosaurus is not exactly T. rex, but I remember they mentioned
> something of a similar find of Tyrannosaurus, or (more probable), that they
> were looking for such find. My point is, scavenging T. rex â maybe true,
> maybe not.

You don't have to look as far as the Carcharodontosauridae to see
packing behaviour in theropods if you consider Barnum Brown's original
Albertosaurus bonebed in Dry Island, AB as evidence of gregariousness.

--
Jordan Mallon

4th year undergraduate student, Carleton University
Vertebrate Palaeontology & Palaeoecology

http://dino.lm.com/artists/display.php?name=Mallon
MSN Messenger: j_mallon@hotmail.com