Dragons on Animal Planet March 20

Of course this is not quite on-topic, but the creators of "Walking With Dinosaurs" are taking on dragons in a program which will be called (what else?) "Dragons."

Of interest to our list is the take that bipedal dragons inhabited the Cretaceous and evolved into flying dragons by the Late Cretaceous. I suppose you'll have to watch the show to learn how we got four legged dragons with wings, requiring the addition of two appendages to the traditional tetrapod model. Do dragons constitute a monophyletic taxon? See the show to find out.
http://animal.discovery.com/convergence/dragons/dragons.html

It looks like a fun show, but paleontologists and docents should brace themselves, as spectators of this material may require debriefings to set them straight on certain aspects of the fossil record.

--------Ralph W. Miller III