From: owner-dinosaur@usc.edu [mailto:owner-dinosaur@usc.edu] On Behalf Of
Mesosuchus@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, February 09, 2005 5:34 PM
To: DRosent288@aol.com; dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject: Re: Jurassic Park 4

In a message dated 2/9/2005 5:23:40 PM Eastern Standard Time,
DRosent288@aol.com writes:

Concerning dinosaurs and science fiction: Is aynone here familiar with
Robert Sawyer's trilogy, the Quintaglio Ascention:  Far-Seer, Fossil Hunter,

Foreigner--about an extra terrestrial civiliaztion created by tyrannosaurs
who
were removed to another planet by aliens and have evolved intellegence?

Now I write:

Oh yes, I have those too..sad to say I actually have all of Robert Sawyer's
scifi novels. You cannot forget about that OTHER sentient dinosaur trilogy:
Harry Harrison's Eden novels. Albeit my personal "favorite" is that episode
of
Star Trek Voyager that aired around the time that The Lost World was in
theaters. A whole ship filled with sentient Parasaurolophus! What
imagination (i.e.
inability to understand even basic scientific principles upon which to base
the
science fiction elements) those Trek writers have. Additionally at the same
time there was a Star Trek Original Series novel released about the time
with
sentient raptors who try to go back in time and prevent the K/T extinction.
It
actually wasnt too bad comparatively.

Sentient alien dinosaurs also appeared in the novel Bone Wars..

Anyone know of any other sightings of sentient saurians?