RE: Dragons on Animal Planet March 20

>> Oddly, some years later Rankin/Bass (the animation production company that
>> produced "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer", "Frosty the Snowman", and "The
>> Hobbit") did a TV show called "Flight of Dragons" featuring concepts from
>> Peter Dickinson's book but with the main plot derived from Gordy Dixon's!! <<

WOW... 1986... I actually have "Flight of Dragons" taped on Beta. I completely
forgot about it until you mentioned it... Gorbash, Smrgol, Arak, Carolinus...
and the evil wizard Ommadon, voiced by James Earl Jones... I don't know how
many times I've watched it. I even saw it at the theater.

By the way, I haven't followed all of this post, so I don't know if anyone has
mentioned this yet... In last month's Amazing Figure Modeler magazine,
prehistoric models and their modelers were the big feature. Fantastic issue.
Anyway, do any of you remember the movie "Dragon Slayer"? It came out back in
1981. It is THE all-time greatest Dragon movie... EVER. In honor of the most
anatomically "accurate" dragon to grace the silver screen, Timeslip Creations
has made a near exact resin model of her, Vermithrax, with a wing span that's 3
feet wide! She's amazing. That "Reign of Fire" movie had dragons that were
nearly identicle copies. She's very easy to build as well... I'm almost
finished :-)

Kris
http://hometown.aol.com/saurierlagen/Paleo-Photography.html