Re: Jurassic Park 4

> Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 17:41:38 -0800
> From: Mickey Mortimer <Mickey_Mortimer111@msn.com>
>
> > There is that episode of Voyager in which Janeway and Chakotay
> > (??) arrive on some mysterious planet that affects their dna (??
> > It's been a while since I saw the ep) and they devolve into these
> > salamander-like evolutionary antecedents.
>
> Are you combining the Next Generation episode where everyone on the
> ship devolves with the Voyager episode where sentient
> Parasaurolophus(?)  descendents who escaped the K-T event are
> encountered?

No, I think he has in mind the _Judge Dredd_ comic in which an
anti-evolution drug is wafted through the air-conditioning of an
apartment building from the top down, so that as Dredd enters the
lobby he is attacked by residents who have devolved into cavemen, then
a few floor higher by residents-devolved-into-apes, then by dinosaurs
and so on, until on the top floor he confronts the Level Boss, a giant
amoeba.

Also recommended from the annals of _Judge Dredd_: _The Man who Drank
the Blood of Satanus_.  You will of course all recall that Satanus was
a giant _T rex._ (son of Old One-Eye) who was resurrected from the
Cretaceous by cloning, and who subsequently escaped into the Cursed
Earth.  When a serum extracted from Satanus's blood was fed to the
unwitting subject of the experiment (a victim whose name was Rex,
natch), he of course mutated into a human-_T. rex_ hybrid bearing a
more than passing resemblance to Ridley Scott's _Alien_, and had to be
killed by Dredd.

(Mickey and Mary: shall I time myself out now?  :-)

)_v__/\  "How can you lie there and think of England when you don't
         even know who's in the team?" -- Billy Bragg.