Re: Jurassic Park 4

I am reminded of that H.P. Lovecraft story "The Rats in the Walls"....

http://www.poeforward.com/madtomb/rats/ratswalls.htm

**spoiler space for this story**

The protagonist is investigating a property in Britain he has just inherited and discovers some sort of crypt down the back. He enters and finds inside that it is quite recent, but then enters another section that is older, Medieval, then further mayber Saxon, then further Roman, Celtic and so on, until he gets to the really old stuff, pre-homo sapiens. It's quite atmospheric and creepy, and has a gradual affect over him so that by morning, when people find him, he's gone insane. His final degenerative utterances: "... Curse you, Thornton, I'll teach you to faint at what my family do! ... 'Sblood, thou stinkard, I'll learn ye how to gust ... wolde ye swynke me thilke wys?... Magna Mater! Magna Mater!... Atys... Dia ad aghaidh's ad aodaun... agus bas dunarch ort! Dhonas 's dholas ort, agus leat-sa!... Ungl unl... rrlh ... chchch... "

Chris Hart

Mike wrote:

No, I think he has in mind the _Judge Dredd_ comic in which an anti-evolution drug is wafted through the air-conditioning of an apartment building from the top down, so that as Dredd enters the lobby he is attacked by residents who have devolved into cavemen, then a few floor higher by residents-devolved-into-apes, then by dinosaurs and so on, until on the top floor he confronts the Level Boss, a giant amoeba.

Also recommended from the annals of _Judge Dredd_: _The Man who Drank
the Blood of Satanus_.  You will of course all recall that Satanus was
a giant _T rex._ (son of Old One-Eye) who was resurrected from the
Cretaceous by cloning, and who subsequently escaped into the Cursed
Earth.  When a serum extracted from Satanus's blood was fed to the
unwitting subject of the experiment (a victim whose name was Rex,
natch), he of course mutated into a human-_T. rex_ hybrid bearing a
more than passing resemblance to Ridley Scott's _Alien_, and had to be
killed by Dredd.