Re: Russian hadrosaur pangolins!?

I've encountered the "pangolin" bit in translations from the Russian before.
Apparently the Russian word for "pangolin" is similar
to the one for "lizard", and thus the unwary use the wrong translation of "saurian".

<lightbulb above head>

My little Russian dictionary doesn't have "pangolin". But it has "scale", and pangolins are famous for their scales -- in German they're simply called "scale-animals"... perhaps someone tried to use jargon and said "squamate" instead of "lizard" in the original... _squama_ meaning "scale".