Re: raptor red

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 10:52:47 -0800 (PST) Ian Paulsen
<birdbooker@zipcon.net> writes:
> HI:
>  Since we are talking dino literature I picked up a copy of
> Bakker's
> Raptor Red. What do people think of it?

I had a girlfriend (now in the Ex- category) who gave me a copy of the
novel for my birthday, back when the book first came out.  While I was
reading the first chapter, I seemed to have experienced a short period of
what best can be described as a blackout.  When I finally regained my
senses, I noticed that I had dog-eared a page about 3/4 through the first
chapter, and had returned the book to my bookshelf.  A glass of White
Zinfandel was in my hand, and a rerun of "Paleo-World" was running in my
VCR.

I never finished the book.  But I prefer nonfiction literature over
fiction, so take my review with a grain of salt.  I have nothing against
Bakker's writing style.  I loved his _Dinosaur Heresies_, a book that,
although dated, still holds up well even today.

<pb>