Re: Jurassic Park 4: Electric Boogaloo

Thanks for the stuff about crocs--interesting.

As for this...

In a message dated 2/12/05 3:38:43 PM Eastern Standard Time,
pristichampsus@yahoo.com writes:

<< As for the intelligence mentions in this thread, I would keep in mind that
human beings have a tendency to bias intelligence tests towards things that
we, ourselves, can do. As such, most of these tests are very unfair. A recent
survey of this, can be read in the recent Science article on avian
intelligence. >>

Sure, we're better at human things than non-humans are. In fact, individuals
often display a bias towards their particular skills at the expense of others.
Where I work, mathematicians and engineers "rule" and tend not to value
language skills, for example ("Heck, in Egypt, even the little kids can talk
Arabic! How hard could it possibly be?") So where does that leave us: never to
speak
of intelligence because we cannot agree on a meaning of the word?

I take your point about the old thread, though--I'll have a look.

Chip