RE: Rhynchocephalia

> From: owner-dinosaur@usc.edu [mailto:owner-dinosaur@usc.edu]On Behalf Of
> David Peters
>
> If Rhynchosaurs are not related to Sphenodontia, from whence did they
> come?
>
> My cladogram tells me already, but I wanted to hear what others are
> bettting on.

John Merck's massively detailed, but still unpublished, phylogenetic analysis
places them in Archosauromorpha as the sister taxon to
Choristodera. This was publically shown at SVP a couple of years ago, so there
is no harm in mentioning that.

                Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
                Vertebrate Paleontologist
        Mailing Address: