Re: Predatory dinosaurs of Baltimore - the real raptor red

There has been a red tail hawk hunting in around Druid Hill Park from some years now; it used to roost by the Reptile House (when it was open) and was not at all concerned with human presence (it showed up as a first year and stuck around for a few more).

Sounds like the next generation has moved in, I will be interested to see if it remains in the area. There is a Coopers Hawk hunting regularly in the Charles Village area as well.

On a note of more general interest (for the non-Baltimoreans) I have seen more raptors (species and numbers) in urban settings in the last year than any year previous.

--Mike Habib