Re: Follow up (was RE: What in the hail is this?)

HAHAH, holy hell, you are right! I didn't even see that. 30 inches? Hoo-dang! I don't think it's mothmen they have to be worrying about.

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr. wrote:

From: owner-dinosaur@usc.edu [mailto:owner-dinosaur@usc.edu]On Behalf Of
Orbyss

http://webpages.charter.net/donniesergentjr/MothmanSkull.htm

Stupid hoax, ancient beast, mothman, or someone's badly crafted
Halloween candleholder?

Incidentally, a point for folks who love to cite measurements from news reports as data (as in, for instance, the occasional new Tyrannosaurus specimen): Please note the measurements given for the skull (especially the width), and then compare the skull to the human beings in the photograph. Darn, pretty big people out there in Point Pleasant... ;-)

                Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
                Vertebrate Paleontologist
        Mailing Address:
                Building 237, Room 1117