Re: No Sternum for _Archaeopteryx_

Jerry D. Harris wrote-

> ... but I guess it means all the people who
> only see 1's and 0's can now remove the "1" from their coding for this
> character in _Archaeopteryx_, at least if you were basing that on this
> specimen!

Yup.  That's four character state changes- no ossification, unknown
length/width ratio (so much for that archaeopterygid synapomorphy of
Protarchaeopteryx), unknown angle between coracoid facets, and definitely no
ossified costal facets.  I'll see how it affects topology once I'm done
adding oviraptorid information from Lu's thesis (pdf available).

Mickey Mortimer
Undergraduate, Earth and Space Sciences
University of Washington