Re: Dinosaurian CSI (was RE: Spinosaurs as what?)

Renato Santos (dracontes@hotmail.com) wrote:

<I perhaps took it from the National Geographic article on the find some
years ago or just figured that since the animal was found near a carcass
that it'd died while it was feeding.>

  The info on the holotype of *Cryolophosaurus* choking on a bone comes
from William Hammer, I beleive, in news bis where he notes that the skull
has a rib in the region of the throat, passing from the rear of the skull
rearward "back into the throat." Thus, inferring it choked on the
prosauropod rib present to have died for our convenience.

  Cheers,

=====
Jaime A. Headden