uncinate processes, function?

I checked the archives of the list, but looks like the answer to this question
was left hanging (correct me if I'm wrong), but apparently there's no consensus
yet regarding the function of uncinate processes in everything from
Ichthyostega and Sphenodon to emus and hummingbirds.

I'm playing around with a Tuatara figure and I was struck by the dorsally
convex curvature of the spine.

Wondering if that's what uncinate processes support? Are the two characters
associated in every case?

??

David Peters
St. Louis