RE: Sauropterygian falls?

From: Tim Williams <twilliams_alpha@hotmail.com>
To: Subject: RE: Sauropterygian falls?
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 17:11:20 -0600

Renatos Santos wrote:

Perhaps off topic but I can't help wonder what animals would constitute this type of communities in the Mesozoic as there were sauropterygians and ichthyosaurs in those days.

(Thanks for the link to a very interesting article.)

My understanding of this stuff (which is reinforced by the Nature article) is that whale carcasses provide the foundation of a unique ecosystem due to the sheer size and 'fattiness' of the beasts.

well, in that case, what insulation method would ichthyosaurs (et al marine archosaurs*) use?

* =    :)