II LATIN AMERICAN CONGRESS OF VERTEBRATE PALEONTOLOGY

In case you missed it elsewhere...

Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 16:00:09 -0300
From: 2CLPV <clpv2@mn.ufrj.br>
Subject: II LATIN AMERICAN CONGRESS OF VERTEBRATE PALEONTOLOGY
To: dinosaur@usc.edu

Dear Colleagues,

We are now only about 6 months away from the II LATIN AMERICAN CONGRESS OF
VERTEBRATE PALEONTOLOGY (IICLPV). We would like to invite you to access the
site http://acd.ufrj.br/mndgp/2clpv for the latest updates of the meeting.

Besides the symposia, we have now defined three workshops that will take
place during this event:

- - PALEONTOLOGICAL TOURISM: PERSPECTIVES IN LATIN AMERICA

- - FOSSIL BATS OF THE AMERICAS

- - FUTURE OF VERTEBRATE PALEONTOLOGY IN LATIN AMERICA: THE STUDENT PERSPECTIVE

Furthermore, there will be a post-meeting short course on fossil preparation
techniques, including molding and casting.

We are also very pleased to inform that PETROBRAS, the foremost energy
company of Brazil, has agreed to be the main sponsor of the meeting.
Furthermore, we acknowledge a new co-sponsor: the Society of Vertebrate
Paleontology. This will enable the members of this society to register at a
reduced fee (Member Category), as happens with members of other societies
that sponsor this meeting (see home page).

Since we expect a busy meeting, we would like to remind you to make your
hotel reservation as soon as possible. And keep in mind the deadline for
abstract submission: MAY 2nd!

See you in Rio.

Organizing Committee
IICLPV