Re: The most important fossil discovery in 2004 (your opinions?)

My own nomination - the discovery that really had me jumping up and down
when it appeared - was the announcement of the Vetulocystidae from the
Chinese Cambrian:

Oh yes, those are quite impressive animals. But I find their bad preservation excruciating. Is the "posterior cone" the anus? Or does the gut continue all the way through the "tail"? In the former case, what is the "gut" in the "tail" -- perhaps even a notochord??? And the anterior cone... <struck down by migraine>

Sorry that I supported the suggestion of *Dilong*, BTW. I instinctively assumed that the most important dinosaur discovery of 2004 was meant.