Raptor joke (was Re: Dinosaur Riddles)

(Maybe a PG rating is required... So perhaps not for the kiddies. Can be cleaned up though.)

-------

A pack of velociraptors were speeding across the Gobi desert. Suddenly their leader detected an alluring smell in the air. Blood!

The other raptors smelled it too and cried out in excitement. This had been a bad day for hunting and they were famished. The whole pack wheeled around and headed in the direction of the smell.

The pack came upon one of their own kind - an old raptor sitting under the shade of tree, licking fresh blood off his hide. The raptor pack began hassling him, wanting to know where he got it from.

The old raptor told them to piss off and let him get some rest, but they persisted. Finally he gave in.

"OK, follow me," he said and led them through the desert, winding through the sand dunes, until they came upon a narrow ravine. There the old raptor stopped, and all the other raptors excitedly milled around him.

"Now, do you see that ravine ahead?" he asked.

"Yes, yes, yes!" the raptors all screamed in a frenzy.

"Good," said the old raptor. "Because I f***ing didn't!"