Re: What really happened 65 Ma ago (not a joke)

I hadn't heard about Mokele mbembe before so a web search turned up. Shades of Loch Ness.

"Marecellin Agagna, a zoologist from Brazzaville zoo led a Congolese expedition which arrived at Lake Tele in April 1983. He also claimed a sighting of mokele mbembe about 300 yards (275m) out on the lake. He thought the animal was reptile. His description was of a thin reddish head with oval eyes like a crocodile. The head was about 3feet (90cm) above the water, and turned from side to side as though looking for him. During the next there was at least six further expeditions, but disappointingly very little further evidence emerged. Travel writer Redmond O'Hanlon returned from his expedition convinced that the sightings were nothing more than misidentifications of forest elephants fording lakes or rivers with their trunks raised."

I bet the Mokele mbembe doesn't have it own web cam though like Nessie does.

Frank Bliss
MS Biostratigraphy
Weston, Wyoming