Re: What really happened 65 Ma ago (not a joke)

K and T Dykes wrote:

> Victorians of the Lower Cretaceous
> http://home.arcor.de/ktdykes/monotrem.htm#victoria
> (Kollikodon and Steropodon are from NSW, but they get a mention.  Some
> undescribed remains from Victoria suggest mammals of a relatively large size
> as well.)

Yep - a decent sized monotreme humerous from Dinosaur Cove in Victoria.
See also:
http://www.alphalink.com.au/~dannj/non-rept.htm
...written by some Australian bloke. I think it's more remarkable how
small some of these mammals got, considering the cool to positively
frigid conditions at the time. Imagine the size of the eggs that
micro-monotremes like Teinolophos layed.

Dann Pigdon
Melbourne, Australia        http://heretichides.ravencommunity.net/