Paleoportal Web Page

[apologies for the cross-posting]

Last spring, we announced the opening of a new website, The Paleontology
Portal (www.paleoportal.org). This site brings together links for quality
web resources related to paleontology and geology (particularly that of the
United States). As we enter a new year, I would like to take this
opportunity to encourage everyone to continue to submit links for this
project. If your page is not listed yet, please consider submitting it!

In particular, we are looking for non-commercial websites related to the
paleontology and geology of the United States. Unfortunately, we cannot
accept links whose primary focus lies outside of North America (e.g.,
Australian Tertiary megafauna); however, site which are broad enough to be
relevant to North American paleontology are definitely encouraged (e.g., a
site authored by a German museum, whose content focuses on general
information about icthyosaurs). All links are reviewed by a panel of
professional paleontologists and educators, and must conform to standards of
content, clarity, and ethics. Once accepted, these links are uploaded to the
website so that they are searchable or browsable by state, taxon, etc. A
fossil gallery houses images of fossils, and there are also links to
information on careers in paleo, collections databases (coming soon), and
other topics.

Paleoportal.org relies on links submitted by website users. Therefore, if
you have a chance to point your browser to www.paleoportal.org, please take
that opportunity to enter your own favorite paleontology-related links. You
may access this feature by going to the "add  to site" button at the top of
the webpage (or go there directly via
http://www.paleoportal.org/submissions/main.php). Also, please feel free to
send the address for this webpage to any science educators you may know!

This project, funded by NSF, is a joint venture between Society of
Vertebrate Paleontology, the Paleontological Society, University of
California Museum of Paleontology, and the USGS.

Thank you for your help!

Andy Farke,
Editorial Board, The Paleontology Portal