Re: FW: A Perspective on Cope's Rule

David Marjanovic wrote:

DNA repair enzymes are present in large animals just as well, so I don't think they matter all that much for this...

The enzymes aren't 100% efficient, otherwise we wouldn't have to worry about UV irradiation.

(The mitochondria have their own DNA-repair enzymes, which are inferior to those in the nucleus.)

On this list an article was mentioned that focused on the effect of the above on molecular divergence date estimates. I remember you tried to dampen my praise. :o)

Yeah, that sounds like me. ;-)

Tim