Re: Early mammals ate dinosaurs

<<Fossil Is Proof of Mammal Eating Dinosaur >>

Not to take anything away from the intrinsic coolness of this find, but
the idea that Mesozoic mammals might have preyed on juvenile dinosaurs
is hardly astonishing.  Anybody familiar with the food habits of modern
small mammals would have predicted it.  In fact, I suggested just such a
possibility way back in 1980 on pp. 70-71 of my contribution to _A Cold
Look at the Warm-Blooded Dinosaurs_.

What _IS_ surprising to me is just how big the bigger Mesozoic mammals
seem to have gotten, at least in some faunas!