Re: Early mammals ate dinosaurs

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005, Eric Allen wrote:
> Agreed,
> though you still have the problem of being able to
> definitavely match the lucky survivor's wounds to a
> particular culprit.
>
> What I find interesting is that the _Repenomamus_
> swallowed the psittacosaur without chewing it up.
>
> So here's one for us all:  I was discussing the find
> with a friend of mine after she saw it on the evening
> news (who called the mammal a "tasmanian devil") and
> she asked if the dinosaur was a hatchling or if the
> mammal slurpped down a near-full term egg with the
> dino inside.

Actually, the Nature article addresses that point.

http://www.nature.com/cgi-taf/DynaPage.taf?file=/nature/journal/v433/n7022/full/nature03102_r.html&filetype=&dynoptions=
There are at least seven teeth on each jaw quadrant of the juvenile
Psittacosaurus, of which most are worn. This demonstrates that the
Psittacosaurus skeleton is not from an embryo.