Re: Bird analysis update 3: reweighting

John Hunt wrote:

> I have been wondering about the Islamic view of creation.  We all have a
> good giggle at Christian fundamentalists and their unwillingness to accept
> evolution, but what does the Koran say?

According to the first passage of chapter 35 ('The Originator')

"Praise be to Allah, the Originator of the heavens and the earth, Who
made the angels, messengers with wings,- two, or three, or four (pairs):
He adds to Creation as He pleases: for Allah has power over all things."

"Adding to creating as He pleases" seems to give a lot more leeway for
evolution. And messengers with two pairs of wings - the earliest
reference to Microraptor? You be the judge... :)

Dann Pigdon
Melbourne, Australia        http://heretichides.ravencommunity.net/