Re: Early mammals ate dinosaurs

Hi List,

I recall many children's dinosaur books showing the obligatory scene
of small rat-like mammals chewing on dino eggs and babies while the
adults haplessly went extinct.  This was always listed as one of a few
possible "theories" of dinosaur extinction, so this new find is
eclipsed by those horrib--I mean WONDERFUL kids' books.

Clearly, Repenomamus was trying to make dinosaurs extinct by eating
their babies, but I guess its rat buddies wouldn't be ready to help
for a few million years.

Later,

Demetrios