Re: What the Tsunami Dredged Up (off topic)

Dora Smith wrote:

> I read that the depth of parts of the straits between Sumatra and Malaysia
> have suddenly decreased from something like 4000 feet to 150 feet - how that
> would be shallow enough to be dangerous for shipping - I'm sure I don't have
> those figures right.
>
> But the question is what did the straits fill up with.

Perhaps uplifting has shallowed parts? Certainly several islands have
now settled down further, drowning significant portions of them.

Cartographers must be rubbing their hands with glee (uncaring,
money-driven cartographers, that is). :)

Dann Pigdon
Melbourne, Australia        http://heretichides.ravencommunity.net/